Re: Announce loop-AES-v1.3b file crypto package

> the international crypto patch has received a bit of criticism few months
> ago, so I became a bit unmotivated...
>
> ...but if there is enough demand I would work on it again and try to fix
> some of the bigger show stoppers, but I don't want to replace Alexander
> Kjeldaas if he's still working on the official international crypto patch,
> and maybe he has already some unreleased fixes waiting...
>
> the plans were, if I remember correctly, to make the crypto api that
> generic as to allow other kernelspace projects making use of encryption,
> most prominently network encryption projects, to use the crypto api as a
> common cipher repository... or to put it in other words, to implement
> kernel encryption services, maybe even allow support for ciphers
> implemented in hardware...

IMHO there HAS TO BE full crypto stuff in the kernel and full support for
encrypting file systems as those features are very useful
if the current international crypto patch isnt ok then there should be a new
one created, but not having crypto features officially in the kernel sux =(