Re: lista

David Ford wrote:

> Netscape sent it multipart because he chose both text and html for the
> message.  The message was sent as both text and html.  This allows for the
> reader to choose plain or 'enriched' viewing.  This is having it both
> ways.  People who gripe about enriched content can read the plain text.
> People who want the markup can view it as well.

Have you had a look at the message? Did it include rich text formatting
and if it does, did it need to? No. It was a plain, simple message. The
vast majority of them are. And netscape contains a configuration option
to only send html mails when there actually _is_ rich content.

> It's a configuration choice issue.  What you viewed was his entire
> message, regardless of whether your reader displayed it in text or html.
> I also use NS messenger as one of my preferred readers and I'm able to
> view his message perfectly.
<snip>

Can you show me where this option is?

Marc

--
Marc Mutz <Marc@xxxxxxxx>        http://marc.mutz.com/Encryption-HOWTO/
University of Bielefeld, Dep. of Mathematics / Dep. of Physics

PGP-keyID's:   0xd46ce9ab (RSA), 0x7ae55b9e (DSS/DH)