Re: Alpha 500 MHz or Pentium II 400 MHz

On Tue, 2003-05-27 18:06:42 +0200, Thor Dreier <thor@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote in message <3ED38D12.6060203@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Jari Ruusu wrote:
>
> >And then just run it on unloaded box like this:
> >
> >   ./aes-test4
> >

> I just think i use the Pentium II as the file server. Even if I didn't
> used the assambler
> version, it would still be bettet to use a Pentium II 400 MHz than a
> Alpha 500 MHz.

Alphas however do have a large coolness factor. Maybe it's worth to
build an Alpha assembler version of this... Personally, I prefer older
workstations (not only Alpha but also Sparc, parisc, ...) over
PeeCees...

MfG, JBG

--
   Jan-Benedict Glaw       jbglaw@xxxxxxxxxx    . +49-172-7608481
      ret = do_actions((curr | FREE_SPEECH) & ~(IRAQ_WAR_2 | DRM | TCPA));