CFS over SMB?

Hi guys,

I've been using CFS over NFS with ext2/3 without
any problems, i.e., the container file is on an nfs-mounted
file system.  Recently I had to switch on one server
from NFS to SMB. After a few minutes the crypt file system
got corrupted and access to the mounted file system just hang.
I tried starting from scratch with doing losetup and mkfs on the
crypto file system, but it always hangs after writting
about 265 inodes. I tried using ext2 with various block sizes
including using the same block size for smbmount and for
the filesystem. No success. There are usually no errors
on the server or the client ... it just hangs.

I'm using Debian Linux w/ kernel 2.4.19 (patch-int-2.4.18.3),
cryptoapi 0.1.0-pre4, CFS 1.4.1, and smbfs 2.999+3.0.alpha20.

I would appreciate any comments you may have?

ciao...
--
Lars Eilebrecht              - RFC 527: "Beware the ARPANET, my son;
lars@xxxxxxxxxxxxx       - The bits that byte, the heads that scratch;"