RE: EVMS and loop-AES

I am so sorry! The last mail was in HTML format, hope this is no problem (stupid me!).

-stian

Hello again!

I have now compiled loop-AES on my Gentoo system (works like a charme!) and am doing initial tests. Have been wondering about using EVMS to manage my disks. Does anyone have any experience with this (good or bad). Does it work with encryption?

I have been thinking about it and concluded that theoretically this must be the way to do it:

Use EVMS to make a logical new device called for instance /dev/evms/evmdev1 or similar. This could be a drive linked volume, raid5 or whatever. And from this point start the encryption.

Do you think this will work (I will try this in a Vmware session soon ...!)

Best regards
Stian B. Barmen
?
IT-sjef