EVMS and loop-AES

Hello again!

I have now compiled loop-AES on my Gentoo system (works like a charme!) and am doing initial tests. Have been wondering about using EVMS to manage my disks. Does anyone have any experience with this (good or bad). Does it work with encryption?

I have been thinking about it and concluded that theoretically this must be the way to do it:

Use EVMS to make a logical new device called for instance /dev/evms/evmdev1 or similar. This could be a drive linked volume, raid5 or whatever. And from this point start the encryption.

Do you think this will work (I will try this in a Vmware session soon …!)

Best regards

Stian B. Barmen

IT-sjef

Oslo IT-Opplæring AS

http://www.it-akademiet.no

tlf: +47 23 37 70 22

mob: +47 932 42 123

sentral: +47 23 37 70 00

fax: +47 23 37 70 69

e-mail + messenger: stian.barmen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
N:Barmen;Stian
FN:Stian B. Barmen
ORG:IT Akademiet Oslo;Oslo
TITLE:IT-sjef
TEL;WORK;VOICE:93242123
TEL;CELL;VOICE:+47 932 42 123
ADR;WORK:;Brynsveien 3 B - Oslo;Brynsveien 3b;Oslo;Norway;0667;Norway
LABEL;WORK;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:Brynsveien 3 B - Oslo=0D=0ABrynsveien 3b=0D=0AOslo, Norway 0667=0D=0ANorway
EMAIL;PREF;INTERNET:stian.barmen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
REV:20030320T122447Z
END:VCARD