Re: Alpha 500 MHz or Pentium II 400 MHz

Jari Ruusu wrote:

And then just run it on unloaded box like this:

./aes-test4

I just think i use the Pentium II as the file server. Even if I didn't used the assambler
version, it would still be bettet to use a Pentium II 400 MHz than a Alpha 500 MHz.

With 3 runs for each platfor in single user mode in Debian Unstable the results is as follow.

All results is in Mbits/sec

alp = Alpha 500 MHz CPU, c version of AES
pii = Pentium II 400 MHz CPU, c version of AES,
     same compile flags as with the Alpha
ass = Pentium II 400 MHz CPU, assembler version of AES

128 bits
encrypt            decrypt
alp   pii   ass    alp   pii   ass
64.9  92.9  178.9  53.8  85.7  180.5