Re: invalid argument in 2.4.18

lbea@xxxxxxx wrote:
> > Please post output of the make
> > command
> > that you used to compile loop.o module, as well as outputs of "uname -a",
> > "lsmod", and "ls -l /lib/modules" commands.
>
> O.k. here is:
[snip]
> That's it. I hope it's enough information at first.  So far i havn't the
> faintest idea, where to look. thanx for helping

Above looked ok to me. Can you verify that you have

CONFIG_BLK_DEV_LOOP=n
CONFIG_KMOD=y

set in your kernel config.

Your loop-AES loop.o module seems to not load automatically. This can be
result of having loop built-in on your kernel or that module autoloading is
disabled. If above settings are not like that, you have to reconfigure and
recompile new kernel, and boot that new kernel. And recompile loop.o module
for that new kernel.

If "cat /proc/devices" shows loop device and loop module is not loaded, then
your kernel has loop built-in.

Regards,
Jari Ruusu <jari.ruusu@xxxxxxxxxx>

-