Re: Off-topic (was WARNING: Spam Mail that crashes KMail on Linux-crypto)

Le Dimanche 12 Mai 2002 17:24, Marc Mutz a écrit :

> > I agree, an X11 crash is pretty severe. Kmail probably did something
> > naughty while trying to find an appropriate font(?). Maybe you
> > could install Japanese fonts, test again and file a bug report? :)
>
> I forwarded this already to the kmail list. A bug report would probably
> be closed immediately as belonging to an obsolete version (we are at
> 3.0.1 already).

I just fed the same mail onto the same machine with the same XFree 4.2 version
and drivers and Xfree and font server config files, Using this time "Kmail
1.4, using KDE 3.0.1, (CVS >= 20020327)".

With this version of KMail, both the message subject and content displays in
nice japanese characters which I cannot understand at all ;-) but that, at
least, don't crash my X11 anymore.

So the bug clearly relates to KMail 1.3.2, but is fixed in KMail 1.4.

But KDE 3.0 stills shows a number of "rough edges" on my system, reasons for
which I'm still sticking to KDE 2.2.2 for the time being ;-)

Best regards.

--
Michel Bouissou <michel@bouissou.net> OpenPGP ID 0x5C2BEE8F

-