Off-topic (was WARNING: Spam Mail that crashes KMail on Linux-crypto)

 > Hi there,
 > The Linux-crypto mailing-list is sometimes abused to transmit spam mail,
 > which is a pity. Couldn't this list be configured so only its subscribers can
 > post, preventing its abuse by spammers ?

 > Well, last night 2 spams were transmitted thru Linux-crypto.

 > The 2nd of these spams, when read in KMail 1.3.2 (KDE 2.2.2), CAUSES THE
 > IMMEDIATE CRASH OF THE X11 SERVER.

I think this qualifies as a kmail bug since...

 > This spam mail contains some strange "escaped" code.

...it actually contained iso-2022-jp Japanese text. I can see it just
fine with emacs (although not understand it!).

 > If some KMail developper reads this list, he should take a look at this...

I agree, an X11 crash is pretty severe. Kmail probably did something
naughty while trying to find an appropriate font(?). Maybe you
could install Japanese fonts, test again and file a bug report? :)

Rgds,
/-sb.
-