Re: Encrypting root partition

On Sun, May 05, 2002 at 03:14:18AM -0400, Eric Benzacar wrote:

> documentation which clearly lists everything that is being used.  However,
> nothing specifies whether or not encrytped distributions fit under GPL or
> not.  Maybe I'm not reading it clearly...

I don't know of any reason off-hand why you wouldn't be allowed to do it.
However, you'd also have to supply on demand the source code for any GPL
licensed programs that you'd modified, which includes the kernel and the
bulk of the utilities surrounding it. In light of this, I don't really see
what encrypting it gains you, since you'd have to give people the code
anyway.

--
Paul

And Paul [Tomko] has created Microsloth's new slogan:
Bored with reliability? Install NT! Again and again!
 -- Greg Andrews
-