Re: 2 node not syncing

On Tue, Jan 06, 2015 at 05:47:08PM +0200, Etienne Pretorius wrote:

> After switching to use direct instead of multicast membership - was I
> able to connect. I am still investigating why this happened, but for
> my purposes this solves my issue.

I recently had a most infuriating time trying to get a fifth and sixth
node joined to a four node CentOS 5.11 cluster, which turned out to be a
BNT switch deciding it'll selectively forward multicast traffic between
some hosts only...  A Python script hacked up to send an IGMPv3
membership query, which mercifully got forwarded to all the hosts and to
which they responded, managed to persuade the switch to start forwarding
the traffic.  Much fun.

--
Hugo Lombard