Re: ceph-ansible installation error

Den lör 31 aug. 2024 kl 15:42 skrev Tim Holloway <timh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> I would greatly like to know what the rationale is for avoiding
> containers.
>
> Especially in large shops. From what I can tell, you need to use the
> containerized Ceph if you want to run multiple Ceph filesystems on a
> single host. The legacy installations only support dumping everything
> directly under /var/lib/ceph, so you'd have to invest a lot of effort
> into installing, maintaining and operating a second fsid under the
> legacy architecture.

Using two fsids on one machine is far outside our scope for the
10-or-so clusters we run. Not saying no one does it, but it was
frowned upon to have multiple clusternames on the same host, so I
guess most people took that to also include multiple fsids running in
parallel on the same host, even if the cluster name was the same.