Re: ceph-ansible installation error

Den fre 30 aug. 2024 kl 20:43 skrev Milan Kupcevic <milan_kupcevic@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

> On 8/30/24 12:38, Tim Holloway wrote:
> > I believe that the original Ansible installation process is deprecated.
>
> This would be a bad news as I repeatedly hear from admins running large
> storage deployments that they prefer to stay away from containers.

You have other choices than Ansible or containers. It has always been
possible to install using rpm/deb's manually, using any kind of
scripts or frameworks. The point is that the ceph people no longer
tries to make pre-made ansible scripts that work "everywhere", because
they didn't.

This does not prevent you in any way from avoiding containers (if that
is what you want) but it makes you responsible for figuring out the
automation part if you need one.