Re: Do you need to use a dedicated server for the MON service?

  This is my first time setting up a Ceph cluster for OpenStack. Will
running both the Mon service and the OSD service on the same node affect
maintenance or upgrades in the future? While running Mon, MDS, and OSD
services on the same node does offer some benefits, could someone provide
me with additional advice?

Vào Th 6, 23 thg 8, 2024 vào lúc 17:31 Bogdan Adrian Velica <
vbogdan@xxxxxxxxx> đã viết:

> Ah, for OpenStack..
> Yeah I've seen setups like that so it should be fine...
>
> On Fri, Aug 23, 2024 at 1:27 PM Bogdan Adrian Velica <vbogdan@xxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> MON servers typically don't consume a lot of resources, so it's fairly
>> common to run MGR/MON daemons on the same machines as the OSDs in a
>> cluster. Do you have any insights on the type of workload or data you plan
>> to use with your Ceph cluster?
>>
>> Thank you,
>> Bogdan Velica
>> croit.io
>>
>> On Fri, Aug 23, 2024 at 12:05 PM Phong Tran Thanh <tranphong079@xxxxxxxxx>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Ceph users
>>>
>>> I am designing a CEPH system with 6 servers running full NVMe. Do I need
>>> use 3 separate servers to run the MON services that communicate with
>>> OpenStack, or should I integrate the MON services into the OSD servers?
>>> What is the recommendation? Thank you.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Email: tranphong079@xxxxxxxxx
>>> Skype: tranphong079