Re: Do you need to use a dedicated server for the MON service?

Den fre 23 aug. 2024 kl 18:30 skrev Phong Tran Thanh <tranphong079@xxxxxxxxx>:

>   This is my first time setting up a Ceph cluster for OpenStack. Will
> running both the Mon service and the OSD service on the same node affect
> maintenance or upgrades in the future? While running Mon, MDS, and OSD
> services on the same node does offer some benefits, could someone provide
> me with additional advice?

OSDs can use HUGE amounts of ram when doing internal consistency
checks and things like that, so co locating the mon(s) with the OSDs
would mean the host can end up swapping or even dying from lack of
RAM, and while the machine is heading this way the mon part will
probably not run well either, so the OSDs could starve the mon and you
would be having two problems at the same time if this ever occurs.