Re: [quincy] Migrating ceph cluster to new network, bind OSDs to multple public_nework

You'll need to update the mon_host line as well. Not sure if it makes sense to have both old and new network in there, but I'd try on one host first and see if it works.

Zitat von Boris Behrens <bb@xxxxxxxxx>:

We're working on the migration to cephadm, but it requires some
prerequisites that still needs planing.

root@host:~# cat /etc/ceph/ceph.conf ; ceph config dump
[global]
fsid = ...
mon_host = [OLD_NETWORK::10], [OLD_NETWORK::11], [OLD_NETWORK::12]
#public_network = OLD_NETWORK::/64, NEW_NETWORK::/64
ms_bind_ipv6 = true
ms_bind_ipv4 = false
auth_cluster_required = none
auth_service_required = none
auth_client_required = none

[client....]
ms_mon_client_mode = crc
#debug_rgw = 20
rgw_frontends = beast endpoint=[OLD_NETWORK::12]:7480
rgw_region = ...
rgw_zone = ...
rgw_thread_pool_size = 512
rgw_dns_name = ...
rgw_dns_s3website_name = ...

[mon....-new]
public_addr = fNEW_NETWORK::12
public_bind_addr = NEW_NETWORK::12

WHO               MASK  LEVEL     OPTION
VALUE
               RO
global                  advanced  auth_client_required
none
                *
global                  advanced  auth_cluster_required
 none
                *
global                  advanced  auth_service_required
 none
                *
global                  advanced  mon_allow_pool_size_one
 true
global                  advanced  ms_bind_ipv4
false
global                  advanced  ms_bind_ipv6
true
global                  advanced  osd_pool_default_pg_autoscale_mode
warn
global                  advanced  public_network
OLD_NETWORK::/64, NEW_NETWORK::/64
      *
mon                     advanced  auth_allow_insecure_global_id_reclaim
 false
mon                     advanced  mon_allow_pool_delete
 false
mgr                     advanced  mgr/balancer/active
 true
mgr                     advanced  mgr/balancer/mode
 upmap
mgr                     advanced  mgr/cephadm/migration_current          5

             *
mgr                     advanced  mgr/orchestrator/orchestrator
 cephadm
mgr.0cc47a6df14e        basic     container_image
quay.io/ceph/ceph@sha256:09e527353463993f0441ad3e86be98076c89c34552163e558a8c2f9bfb4a35f5
 *
mgr.0cc47aad8ce8        basic     container_image
quay.io/ceph/ceph@sha256:09e527353463993f0441ad3e86be98076c89c34552163e558a8c2f9bfb4a35f5
 *
osd.0                   basic     osd_mclock_max_capacity_iops_ssd
13295.404086
osd.1                   basic     osd_mclock_max_capacity_iops_ssd
14952.522452
osd.2                   basic     osd_mclock_max_capacity_iops_ssd
13584.113025
osd.3                   basic     osd_mclock_max_capacity_iops_ssd
16421.770356
osd.4                   basic     osd_mclock_max_capacity_iops_ssd
15209.375302
osd.5                   basic     osd_mclock_max_capacity_iops_ssd
15333.697366

Am Mo., 21. Aug. 2023 um 14:20 Uhr schrieb Eugen Block <eblock@xxxxxx>:

Hi,

> I don't have those configs. The cluster is not maintained via cephadm /
> orchestrator.

I just assumed that with Quincy it already would be managed by
cephadm. So what does the ceph.conf currently look like on an OSD host
(mask sensitive data)?

https://docs.ceph.com/en/quincy/cephadm/services/mon/#moving-monitors-to-a-different-network