Re: Encryption per user Howto

On 6/6/23 15:33, Frank Schilder wrote:
Yes, would be interesting. I understood that it mainly helps with buffered writes, but ceph is using direct IO for writes and that's where bypassing the queues helps.

Yeah, that makes sense.

Are there detailed instructions somewhere how to set up a host to disable the queues? I don't have time to figure this out myself. It should be detailed enough so that I just need to edit some configs, reboot et voila.

Do you want instructions for package based Ceph install, or container based? I tested it with both deployment types. Container based (Cephadm)) is a little bit more involved, but certainly doable.

I have a number of new hosts to deploy and I could use one of these to run a test. They have a mix of NVMe, SSD and HDD and I can run fio benchmarks before deploying OSDs in the way you did

That would be great,

Gr. Stefan
.