Re: Encryption per user Howto

Indeed, the question is on  server-side encryption with keys managed by ceph on a per-user basis

From: Christian Wuerdig
Date: 2023-05-23 00:51
To: huxiaoyu@xxxxxxxxxxxx
CC: Stefan Kooman; ceph-users
Subject: Re:  Re: Encryption per user Howto
Hm, this thread is confusing
in the context of S3 client-side encryption means - the user is responsible to encrypt the data with their own keys before submitting it. As far as I'm aware, client-side encryption doesn't require any specific server support - it's a function of the client SDK used which provides the convenience of encrypting your data before upload and decryptiing it after download - https://docs.aws.amazon.com/AmazonS3/latest/userguide/UsingClientSideEncryption.html
But you can always encrypt your data and then upload it via RGW, there is nothing anywhere that prevents that since uploaded objects are just a sequence of bytes, meta data won't be encrypted then

You can also do server-side encryption by bringing your own keys - https://docs.ceph.com/en/quincy/radosgw/encryption/#customer-provided-keys

I suspect you're asking for server-side encryption with keys managed by ceph on a per-user basis?