Re: Encryption per user Howto

Hm, this thread is confusing
in the context of S3 client-side encryption means - the user is responsible
to encrypt the data with their own keys before submitting it. As far as I'm
aware, client-side encryption doesn't require any specific server support -
it's a function of the client SDK used which provides the convenience of
encrypting your data before upload and decryptiing it after download -
https://docs.aws.amazon.com/AmazonS3/latest/userguide/UsingClientSideEncryption.html
But you can always encrypt your data and then upload it via RGW, there is
nothing anywhere that prevents that since uploaded objects are just a
sequence of bytes, meta data won't be encrypted then

You can also do server-side encryption by bringing your own keys -
https://docs.ceph.com/en/quincy/radosgw/encryption/#customer-provided-keys

I suspect you're asking for server-side encryption with keys managed by
ceph on a per-user basis?