Re: CEPH Version choice

Hi Marc,

> > We actually kept the benchmark running through an upgrade from mimic to
> > octopus. Was quite interesting to see how certain performance properties
> > change with that.
>
> So you have stats that show the current performance of a host having mimic and from
> another host that has octopus?

I don't know what you mean by that. We have a kclient ceph fs mount to the cluster and we upgrade the ceph cluster while the benchmark is running. The kclient is on a kernel version, not a ceph version and we upgrade the ceph cluster, not the client OS.

> > This benchmark makes it possible to compare versions
> > with live timings coming in.
>
> Do you do something with this time output like store it seperately in prometheus/influx?
> Or all your statistics coming from what is being reported by ceph itself?

The output is tailored for grep. The script bench-grep has a list of useful expressions to search for. If you use this suite, you should aim for each benchmark taking about 30 minutes. Its not a lot of numbers per day and I just read through them. Even if you run this for a few weeks, the grep output is quite readable.

If you want to do something fancy, knock yourself out :)

Best regards,
Frank Schilder
AIT Risø Campus
Bygning 109, rum S14