Re: NFS export of 2 disjoint sub-dir mounts

To answer my own question, assigning an explicit fsid to only one of the exports seems to overwrite the default for all file systems with the same default fsid. Hence, the export definitions

/mnt/S1 -options NET
/mnt/S2 -options IP

and

/mnt/S1 -options NET
/mnt/S2 -options,fsid=100 IP

are equivalent. My expectation was that /mnt/S1 would retain the default fsid. Using explicit fsids for each export as in:

/mnt/S1 -options,fsid=100 NET
/mnt/S2 -options,fsid=101 IP

leads to the desired result.

Best regards,