Re: CEPH Version choice

Hi Frank,

Thanks! I have added this to my test environment todo

> I uploaded all scripts and a rudimentary readme to
> https://github.com/frans42/cephfs-bench . I hope it is sufficient to get
> started. I'm afraid its very much tailored to our deployment and I can't
> make it fully configurable anytime soon. I hope it serves a purpose
> though - at least I discovered a few bugs with it.

I think I know where I should add something for creating and comparing hashes. For me this integrity of el9 + Nautilus is most important.

> We actually kept the benchmark running through an upgrade from mimic to
> octopus. Was quite interesting to see how certain performance properties
> change with that.

So you have stats that show the current performance of a host having mimic and from another host that has octopus?

> This benchmark makes it possible to compare versions
> with live timings coming in.

Do you do something with this time output like store it seperately in prometheus/influx? Or all your statistics coming from what is being reported by ceph itself?

ps. my el7/el9 time does not have an option -f