Re: Migrate a bucket from replicated pool to ec pool

Years ago I moved from a replicated pool to an EC pool, but with a downtime
of the service (and at that time I didn't have too many data)

Basically after having stopped the radosgw services, I created the new pool
and moved the data from the old replicated pool to new EC one:

ceph osd pool create cloudprod.rgw.buckets.data.new 32 32 erasure
profile-4-2
rados cppool cloudprod.rgw.buckets.data cloudprod.rgw.buckets.data.new
ceph osd pool rename cloudprod.rgw.buckets.data
cloudprod.rgw.buckets.data.old
ceph osd pool rename cloudprod.rgw.buckets.data.new
cloudprod.rgw.buckets.data
ceph osd pool application enable cloudprod.rgw.buckets.data rgw

Eventually I deleted the replicated pool:

ceph tell mon.\* injectargs '--mon-allow-pool-delete=true'
ceph osd pool delete cloudprod.rgw.buckets.data.old
cloudprod.rgw.buckets.data.old --yes-i-really-really-mean-it
ceph tell mon.\* injectargs '--mon-allow-pool-delete=false'