Migrate a bucket from replicated pool to ec pool

Hi,
we use rgw as our backup storage, and it basically holds only compressed
rbd snapshots.
I would love to move these out of the replicated into a ec pool.

I've read that I can set a default placement target for a user (
https://docs.ceph.com/en/octopus/radosgw/placement/). What does happen to
the existing user data?

How do I move the existing data to the new pool?
Does it somehow interfere with ongoing data upload (it is one internal
user, with 800 buckets which constantly get new data and old data removed)?

Cheers
 Boris

ps: Can't wait to see some of you at the cephalocon :)

--
Die Selbsthilfegruppe "UTF-8-Probleme" trifft sich diesmal abweichend im
groüen Saal.