Re: Questions about the QA process and the data format of both OSD and MON

Hi Junior,

>> >    - a.3 How to run Teuthology in my local environment?
>>
>> At this point, we have the ability to run some tests locally using
>> teuthology, Junior (cc'ed here) did a presentation on this topic,
>> which was recorded here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZHcg0oVzhY.
>
> Thank you very much. I will definitely watch this video and will try again to run Teuthology.

I succeeded to run teuthology in docker containers. Thank you very
much for providing
this video.

I have a question about running teuthology in my local VMs. I found teuthology
in docker is able to run part of the tests.

https://github.com/ceph/teuthology/blob/main/docs/docker-compose/README.md
> Using containerized test nodes
> Advantage: No need for a lab at all!
> Disadvantage: Cannot run all Ceph tests; best for exercising the framework itself

Since I want to run all tests in my local environment, I'm now
constructing test nodes
on top of VMs by referring to the files to create containerized test
nodes. So my question is...
have you ever run teuthology in your local machines/VMs? If so, could
you share your
officially-undocumented know-how, if available?

I don't use downburst because it seems not to be maintained anymore (CMIIW).

https://github.com/ceph/downburst

Thanks,
Satoru