Traffic between public and cluster network

Good evening everyone.

I setup a cluster with three machines, each with two network interfaces,
one for the public network and one for the cluster network (172.25.50.0/24
for public and 10.10.10.0/24 for cluster). All machines see each other and
are communicable in their respective networks. So far everything is correct.

I'm not properly understanding how the traffic is working. I know there are
countless places explaining what each network in Ceph is for, but I'm still
confused.

For example: I created an NFS on the first machine and mounted it on
another machine and started writing a lot of data, at the same time the
other machines in the cluster received the replicas.

What I'm not understanding is that part of the traffic for all machines in
the cluster goes out through the public network and also through the
cluster network. I'm getting all the initial traffic on the port of the
first machine and some of this traffic is going out the same port and also
the port of the cluster network.

Is this behavior correct? Wouldn't it be correct for this traffic that is
going out through the public network to leave through the cluster network?
Is this traffic going out over the public network replication traffic?