Re: Looking for Companies who are using Ceph as EBS alternative

I agree with others who have described RBD as rock solid.

Lots of people use RBD, especially for virtualization.  DigitalOcean’s and Vultr's block service is Ceph, for example, and lots of OpenStack Cinder deployments.  Not an EBS replacement as such because AWS isn’t being used in the first place, but rather an EBS analogue.

https://www.digitalocean.com/blog/why-we-chose-ceph-to-build-block-storage

RBD is resizeable, can be thin-provisioned, compressed, cloned, snapshotted, imported, exported, mirrored, etc.

Anthony-Bob sez check it out.