Re: Looking for Companies who are using Ceph as EBS alternative

On 8/19/22 08:43, Stefan Kooman wrote:
On 8/18/22 19:46, Abhishek Maloo wrote:
Hey Folks,
  I have recently joined the Ceph user group. I work for Twitter in their
Storage Infrastructure group. We run our infrastructure on-prem. We are
looking at credible alternatives to AWS EBS(Elastic Block Storage) on-prem. We want to run our OLTP databases with remotely mounted drives. My research
led me to this project - Ceph.

I am looking for advice on your experiences of running Ceph as a Block
device / Posix provider. Do we have companies in this community who are
using Ceph as an AWS-EBS(Elastic Block Storage) replacement? I would deeply
appreciate any contact with such people.

Most people on this list use RBD if I would guess, but not all. Some mainly use it for either RGW (S3 / Swift) or CephFS (shared posix file system).

The people that responded to the most recent Ceph User Survey [1] used RBD in 80% of the time ...

Gr. Stefan

[1]: https://ceph.io/en/news/blog/2022/ceph-user-survey-results-2022/