Request for Info: What has been your experience with bluestore_compression_mode?

Hi everyone,

We sent an earlier inquiry on this topic asking how many people are using
bluestore_compression_mode, but now, we would like to know about users'
experience in a more general sense. *Do you currently have
bluestore_compression_mode enabled? Have you tried enabling it in the past?
Have you chosen not to enable it? We would like to know about your
experience!*

The purpose of this inquiry is that we are trying to get a sense of
people's experiences -- positive, negative, or anything in between -- with
bluestore_compression_mode or the per-pool compression_mode options (these
were introduced early in bluestore's life, but as far as we know, may not
widely be used).  We might be able to reduce complexity in bluestore's blob
code if we could do compression in some other fashion, so we are trying to
get a sense of whether or not it's something worth looking into more.

It would help immensely to know:

   1. What has been *your* experience with bluestore_compression_mode?
   Whether you currently have it enabled, tried enabling it in the past, or
   have chosen not to enable it, we would like to know about your experience.
   2. If you currently have it enabled (or had it enabled in the past),
   what is/was your use case?

Thanks,
Laura Flores

--