Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: Why you might want packages not containers for Ceph deployments

I think Marc uses containers - but they've chosen Apache Mesos as
orchestrator and ceph-adm doesn't work with that.
Currently essentially two ceph container orchestrators exist - rook which
is a ceph orch or kubernetes and ceph-adm which is an orchestrator
expecting docker or podman
Admittedly I don't fully understand the nuanced differences between rook
(which can be added as a module to the ceph orchestrator cli) and cephadm
(no idea how this is related to the ceph orch cli) - they kinda seem to do
the same thing but slightly differently (or not?).