Re: mgr/dashboard: backporting Ceph Dashboard v2 to Luminous

On 23/08/2018 12:47, Ernesto Puerta wrote:

@Willem, given your comments come from a technical ground, let's
address those technically. As you say, dashboard_v2 is already in
Mimic and will be soon in Nautilus when released, so for FreeBSD the
issue will anyhow be there. Let's look for a technical solution (both
short and long-term): shall we have meeting to handle the FreeBSD
specifics?

I have bit more time than that...
Usually I start makeing a port once the release is stable, so in this case 14.2.x. Becaue the FreeBSD users that like to live dangerously usually can also build their own source from the repo.

But you right, one day I need to bite the bullit.

ATM I'm contemplating all kinds of scenarios to make it workable for all participants: devs, porters, users. And I haven't really found the golden egg.
So yes, lets take it private and talk.

--WjW