Re: Upgrade to Infernalis: OSDs crash all the time

Hello David,

Thank you and I'm terribly sorry; I was unaware I was starting new threads.

From the top of my mind I say "yes it'll fit" but obviously I make sure at first.

Regards,
Kees

On 21-08-18 16:34, David Turner wrote:
Ceph does not support downgrading OSDs.  When you removed the single OSD, it was probably trying to move data onto the other OSDs in the node with Infernalis OSDs.  I would recommend stopping every OSD in that node and marking them out so the cluster will rebalance without them.  Assuming your cluster is able to get healthy after that, we'll see where things are.

Also, please stop opening so many email threads about this same issue.  It makes tracking this in the archives impossible.