Re: Upgrade to Infernalis: OSDs crash all the time

Ceph does not support downgrading OSDs.  When you removed the single OSD, it was probably trying to move data onto the other OSDs in the node with Infernalis OSDs.  I would recommend stopping every OSD in that node and marking them out so the cluster will rebalance without them.  Assuming your cluster is able to get healthy after that, we'll see where things are.

Also, please stop opening so many email threads about this same issue.  It makes tracking this in the archives impossible.