Re: iSCSI to a Ceph node with 2 network adapters - how to ?

Jason Dillaman wrote:

[1] http://docs.ceph.com/docs/master/rbd/iscsi-initiator-win/

         I don't use either MPIO or MCS on Windows 2008 R2 or Windows 10
initiator (not Win2016 but hope there is no much difference). I try to make
it work with a single session first. Also, right now I only have a single
iSCSI gateway/portal (single host, single IP, single port).
Or is MPIO mandatory to use with Ceph target ?

It's mandatory even if you only have a single path since MPIO is
responsible for activating the paths.

	Who would know ? I installed MPIO, enabled it for iSCSI
	(required Windows reboot), set MPIO policy to 'Failover only',
	and now my iSCSI target is readable&writable !
	Thanks a lot for your help !
	Probably this should be written with bigger and redder letters
	in Ceph docs.

	Next question, would it be possible for iPXE loader to boot
	from such iSCSI volumes ? I am going to experiment with that
	but if the answer is known in advance, it would be good to know.