Re: iSCSI to a Ceph node with 2 network adapters - how to ?

On Tue, Jun 12, 2018 at 5:30 AM, Wladimir Mutel <mwg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>         Hi everyone again,
>
>         I continue set up of my testing Ceph cluster (1-node so far).
>         I changed 'chooseleaf' from 'host' to 'osd' in CRUSH map
>         to make it run healthy on 1 node. For the same purpose,
>         I also set 'minimum_gateways = 1' for Ceph iSCSI gateway.
>         Also I upgraded Ubuntu 18.04 kernel to mainline v4.17 to get
>         up-to-date iSCSI attributes support required by gwcli
>         (qfull_time_out and probably something else).
>
>         I was able to add client host IQNs and configure their CHAP
>         authentication. I was able to add iSCSI LUNs referring to RBD
>         images, and to assign LUNs to clients. 'gwcli ls /' and
>         'targetcli ls /' show nice diagrams without signs of errors.
>         iSCSI initiators from Windows 10 and 2008 R2 can log in to the
>         portal with CHAP auth and list their assigned LUNs.
>         And authenticated sessions are also shown in '*cli ls' printout
>
>         But:
>
>         in Windows disk management, mapped LUN is shown in 'offline'
>         state. When I try to bring it online or to initalize the disk
>         with MBR or GPT partition table, I get messages like
>         'device not ready' on Win10 or 'driver detected controller error
>          on \device\harddisk\dr5' or the like.
>
>         So, my usual question is - where to look and what logs to enable
>         to find out what is going wrong ?
>
>         My setup specifics are that I create my RBDs in non-default pool
>         ('libvirt' instead of 'rbd'). Also I create them with erasure
>         data-pool (called it 'jerasure21' as was configured in default
>         erasure profile). Should I add explicit access to these pools
>         to some Ceph client I don't know ? I know that 'gwcli'
>         logs into Ceph as 'client.admin' but I am not sure
>         about tcmu-runner and/or user:rbd backstore provider.

If not overridden, tcmu-runner will default to 'client.admin' [1] so
you shouldn't need to add any additional caps. In the short-term to
debug your issue, you can perhaps increase the log level for
tcmu-runner to see if it's showing an error [2].

[1] https://github.com/ceph/ceph-iscsi-config/blob/master/ceph_iscsi_config/settings.py#L28
[2] https://github.com/open-iscsi/tcmu-runner/blob/master/tcmu.conf#L12

--
Jason