Re: Migrating to new pools

Hi,

I created a ticket for the rbd import issue:

https://tracker.ceph.com/issues/23038

Regards,
Eugen

Zitat von Jason Dillaman <jdillama@xxxxxxxxxx>:

On Fri, Feb 16, 2018 at 11:20 AM, Eugen Block <eblock@xxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Jason,

... also forgot to mention "rbd export --export-format 2" / "rbd
import --export-format 2" that will also deeply export/import all
snapshots associated with an image and that feature is available in
the Luminous release.

thanks for that information, this could be very valuable for us. I'll have
to test that intesively, but not before next week.

But a first quick test brought up a couple of issues which I'll have to
re-check before bringing them up here.

One issue is worth mentioning, though: After I exported (rbd export
--export-format ...) a glance image and imported it back to a different pool
(rbd import --export-format ...) its snapshot was copied, but not protected.
This prevented nova from cloning the base image and leaving that instance in
error state. Protecting the snapshot manually and launch another instance
enabled nova to clone the image successfully.

Could this be worth a bug report or is it rather something I did wrong or
missed?

Definitely deserves a bug tracker ticket opened. Thanks.

I wish you all a nice weekend!

On Fri, Feb 16, 2018 at 8:08 AM, Jason Dillaman <jdillama@xxxxxxxxxx>