Re: PGs inconsistent, do I fear data loss?

I'm not a big expert but the OP said he's suspecting bitrot is at
least part of issue in which case you can have the situation where the
drive has ACK'ed the write but a later scrub discovered checksum
errors
Plus you don't need to actually loose a drive to get inconsistent pgs
with size=2 min_size=1 > flapping OSDs (even just temporary) while the
cluster is receiving writes can generate this.