Re: How to increase the size of requests written to a ceph image

Hm, no necessarily directly related to your performance problem,
however: These SSDs have a listed endurance of 72TB total data written
- over a 5 year period that's 40GB a day or approx 0.04 DWPD. Given
that you run the journal for each OSD on the same disk, that's
effectively at most 0.02 DWPD (about 20GB per day per disk). I don't
know many who'd run a cluster on disks like those. Also it means these
are pure consumer drives which have a habit of exhibiting random
performance at times (based on unquantified anecdotal personal
experience with other consumer model SSDs). I wouldn't touch these
with a long stick for anything but small toy-test clusters.