Re: Ceph and IPv4 -> IPv6

Good to know. Frankly, the RGW isn’t my major concern at the moment, it seems to be able to handle things well enough.

It’s the RBD/CephFS side of things for one cluster where we will eventually need to support IPv6 clients but will not necessarily be able to switch everyone to IPv6 in one go.

On another cluster I’m concerned about the RADOS side of things where we have some custom “gateways” that use librados to talk to Ceph and expose the storage to their clients via other protocols.
Hopefully the dual-stack support on those is mature enough to handle talking to Ceph over IPv4 and clients over IPv6 so we can de-couple the transitions.