Ceph and IPv4 -> IPv6

Hey Ceph folks,

I was wondering what the current status/roadmap/intentions etc. are on the possibility of providing a way of transitioning a cluster from IPv4 to IPv6 in the future.

My current understanding is that this not possible at the moment and that one should deploy initially with the version they want long term.

However, given the general lack of widespread readiness, I think lots of us have deployed with IPv4 and were hoping to go to IPv6 when the rest of our environments enabled it.

Is adding such a capability to a future version of Ceph being considered?

Best regards,

George V.