Re: Monitors stores not trimming after upgrade from Dumpling to Hammer

> Op 7 november 2016 om 13:17 schreef Wido den Hollander <wido@xxxxxxxx>:

> > > Yes, no rush. I will wait. Thanks!
> >
> > Hey Wido,
> >
> > I just pushed 'wip-monstore-tool-sanitize-paxos.hammer' to upstream's
> > ceph.git. It should be built by morning.
> >
> > This is a half-assed feature to ceph-monstore-tool, so you should test
> > it first on a copy of your monitors, just to make sure I didn't forget
> > any corner case.
> >
> > The command you want is
> >
> >    ceph-monstore-tool <path-to-monstore> sanitize-paxos -- --dry-run
> >
> > and, if you're happy with whatever it spits out, then drop --dry-run.
> >
> > Should this work for you, next step will be to merge this onto master
> > and, hopefully, backport to previous versions. We'll see.
> >

> I tried, but it doesn't seem to work.

To wrap this up, after having a off the list discussion with Joao this was fixed.

The fix is in this branch: https://github.com/jecluis/ceph/tree/wip-monstore-tool-copy.hammer

Using 'store-copy-conservative' from the old to new path the store got trimmed and went down from 36GB to ~100M.

Ran this on all three Monitors one by one and it fixed it.

Joao will work on getting this back in upstream.

Wido