Re: Monitors stores not trimming after upgrade from Dumpling to Hammer

On 11/03/2016 06:18 PM, wido@xxxxxxxx wrote:

Personally, I don't like this solution one bit, but I can't see any other way without a patched monitor, or maybe ceph_monstore_tool.

If you are willing to wait till tomorrow, I'll be happy to kludge a sanitation feature onto ceph_monstore_tool that will clean those versions for you (latency being due to coding + testing + building).

Yes, no rush. I will wait. Thanks!

Hey Wido,

I just pushed 'wip-monstore-tool-sanitize-paxos.hammer' to upstream's ceph.git. It should be built by morning.

This is a half-assed feature to ceph-monstore-tool, so you should test it first on a copy of your monitors, just to make sure I didn't forget any corner case.

The command you want is

  ceph-monstore-tool <path-to-monstore> sanitize-paxos -- --dry-run

and, if you're happy with whatever it spits out, then drop --dry-run.

Should this work for you, next step will be to merge this onto master and, hopefully, backport to previous versions. We'll see.

HTH,

  -Joao