Re: cannot commit period: period does not have a master zone of a master zonegroup

Hi Wido,

This looks like you are hitting http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/17364
The fix is being backported to jewel: https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/12315

A workaround:
save the realm, zonegroup and zones json file
make a copy of .rgw.root (the pool contain the multisite config)
remove .rgw.root
stop the gateway
radosgw-admin realm set < json
radosgw-admin zonegroup set < json
raodsgw-admin zone set < json
radosgw-admin period update --commit
start the gateway

If the realm set will give you problems you can create a new realm
and will need to update the realm id in the zonegroup and zones json
files before using them

Orit