Re: 40Gb fileserver/NIC suggestions

On 07/13/2016 08:41 AM, ceph@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
40Gbps can be used as 4*10Gbps

I guess welcome feedbacks should not be stuck by "usage of a 40Gbps
ports", but extented to "usage of more than a single 10Gbps port, eg
20Gbps etc too"

Is there people here that are using more than 10G on an ceph server ?

We have built, and are building Ceph units for some of our customers with dual 100Gb links. The storage box was one of our all flash Unison units for OSDs. Similarly, we have several customers actively using multiple 40GbE links on our 60 bay Unison spinning rust disk (SRD) box.

--
Joe Landman
Scalable Informatics, Inc.