Re: hadoop on cephfs

On Sat, Apr 30, 2016 at 2:55 PM, Adam Tygart <mozes@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Supposedly cephfs-hadoop worked and/or works on hadoop 2. I am in the
> process of getting it working with cdh5.7.0 (based on hadoop 2.6.0).
> I'm under the impression that it is/was working with 2.4.0 at some
> point in time.
>
> At this very moment, I can use all of the DFS tools built into hadoop
> to create, list, delete, rename, and concat files. What I am not able
> to do (currently) is run any jobs.

Thanks a lot for looking at this. I am currently without any spare
cycles, but will gladly test and merge changes!

When you say that you cannot run jobs, are you referring to something
like map-reduce? If so, it would be very helpful if you could turn on
client debugging and get a log file so we can see which calls are
failing. Getting the log file for the client can be a mess sometimes
but usually helps debug much much faster.