Re: hadoop on cephfs

I think what you are thinking of is the driver that was built to actually replace hdfs with rbd. As far as I know that thing had a very short lifespan on one version of hadoop. Very sad.

As to what you proposed:

1) Don't use Cephfs in production pre-jewel.

2) running hdfs on top of ceph is a massive waste of disk and fairly pointless as you make replicas of replicas.

-Erik