Re: hadoop on cephfs

Supposedly cephfs-hadoop worked and/or works on hadoop 2. I am in the
process of getting it working with cdh5.7.0 (based on hadoop 2.6.0).
I'm under the impression that it is/was working with 2.4.0 at some
point in time.

At this very moment, I can use all of the DFS tools built into hadoop
to create, list, delete, rename, and concat files. What I am not able
to do (currently) is run any jobs.

https://github.com/ceph/cephfs-hadoop

It can be built using current (at least infernalis with my testing)
cephfs-java and libcephfs. The only thing you'll for sure need to do
is patch the file referenced here:
https://github.com/ceph/cephfs-hadoop/issues/25 When building, you'll
want to tell maven to skip tests (-Dmaven.test.skip=true).

Like I said, I am digging into this still, and I am not entirely
convinced my issues are ceph related at the moment.

--
Adam