Re: any recommendation of using EnhanceIO?

Hey Stefan,
Are you using your Ceph cluster for virtualization storage?  Is dm-writeboost configured on the OSD nodes themselves?

From: "Stefan Priebe - Profihost AG" <s.priebe@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Mark Nelson" <mnelson@xxxxxxxxxx>, ceph-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, August 18, 2015 7:36:10 AM
Subject: Re: any recommendation of using EnhanceIO?

We're using an extra caching layer for ceph since the beginning for our
older ceph deployments. All new deployments go with full SSDs.

I've tested so far:
- EnhanceIO
- Flashcache
- Bcache
- dm-cache
- dm-writeboost

The best working solution was and is bcache except for it's buggy code.
The current code in 4.2-rc7 vanilla kernel still contains bugs. f.e.
discards result in crashed FS after reboots and so on. But it's still
the fastest for ceph.

The 2nd best solution which we already use in production is
dm-writeboost (https://github.com/akiradeveloper/dm-writeboost).

Everything else is too slow.

Stefan