Re: any recommendation of using EnhanceIO?

I already evaluated EnhanceIO in combination with CentOS 6 (and backported 3.10 and 4.0 kernel-lt if I remember correctly).
It worked fine during benchmarks and stress tests, but once we run DB2 on it it panicked within minutes and took all the data with it (almost literally - files that werent touched, like OS binaries were b0rked and the filesystem was unsalvageable).
If you disregard this warning - the performance gains weren't that great either, at least in a VM. It had problems when flushing to disk after reaching dirty watermark and the block size has some not-well-documented implications (not sure now, but I think it only cached IO _larger_than the block size, so if your database keeps incrementing an XX-byte counter it will go straight to disk).

Flashcache doesn't respect barriers (or does it now?) - if that's ok for you than go for it, it should be stable and I used it in the past in production without problems.

bcache seemed to work fine, but I needed to
a) use it for root
b) disable and enable it on the fly (doh)
c) make it non-persisent (flush it) before reboot - not sure if that was possible either.
d) all that in a customer's VM, and that customer didn't have a strong technical background to be able to fiddle with it...
So I haven't tested it heavily.

Bcache should be the obvious choice if you are in control of the environment. At least you can cry on LKML's shoulder when you lose data :-)

Jan